Welcome to kingz empire, your music satisfaction is our desire💛💛💛

All we do is Music🎶🎵

yX Media - Monetize your website traffic with us
  • The Evans’ New Twist: Pharmacist fingered by kidnap victim gets bail
  • Ihave passed through the valley of death”.Those
    were the words, depicting a high sense of
    lamentation,from Emeka Egbulugha, 33, the
    pharmacist working with Maydon
    Pharmaceutical Company in Ilupeju, Lagos,
    whose boss, Chief Donatus Dunu, was abducted
    and kept in captivity for over 90 days, at the
    Igando area of the state.
    Chief Dunu, who was kidnapped by gang
    members of the notorious kidnap-kingpin,
    Chukwudubem Onwuamadike, a.k.a Evans,
    regained his freedom miraculously.
    Although, even after he had paid a ransom of
    N150m, Evans and his boys did not allow Dunu
    go. He reportedly escaped just few hours to
    the time slated by his abductors to kill him.
    After his escape, Chief Dunu gave a vivid
    account of his sordid experiences while in
    captivity, to the police.
    Shockingly, he named some of his staff,
    allegedly led by Emeka, as the mastermind of
    the kidnap.
    The suspects were subsequently rounded up and
    detained by the anti-kidnap unit of the police.
    Incidentally, just few days after the kingpin of the
    dreaded kidnap gang was arrested, Emeka and
    two other staff of the company, were brought
    before the gang for identification. Surprisingly,
    both Evans and other members of his gang
    denied knowing Emeka or any staff of the
    pharmaceutical company. This led to their
    being granted bail by the court pending when
    police will conclude their investigations.
    The search for Emeka and his colleagues was
    not an easy one; but it became rewarding as he
    opened up after an accidental encounter.
    “My name is Emeka Godson Egbulugha. I
    graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka,
    Enugu State, Nigeria. I am a Pharmacist by
    profession. I got employed by Maydon
    Pharmaceuticals Limited in 2013, as a Medical
    Representative. In 2014, Chief Donatus Dunu, the
    Chief Executive Officer of Company accused his
    then Superintendent Pharmacist of
    embezzlement of fund. The Pharmacist later filed
    a suit against Chief Dunu and the Company in
    court which is still pending. Following my
    performance in the same year, he promoted me
    to the post of a Superintendent Pharmacist. In
    the course of work, I combined the job of a
    Superintendent Pharmacist with that of a
    Medical Representative in order to please him.
    “On February 14, 2017, our CEO, Chief Dunu was
    kidnapped and the senior staff heard of it on
    February 15, 2017. At that point, we all started
    fasting and praying for him to be released and I
    personally went to Church to pray for him and
    the church at large also prayed for his release.
    To my greatest surprise, on May 12, 2017, I was
    at the University of Lagos for a supply when Mr.
    Gbenga (The Human Resources Manager) of
    Maydon Pharmaceutical called me and asked
    where I was, I told him that I was at Unilag
    Pharmacy. He asked me if I was coming to the
    office immediately and I told him that I needed
    to go to Ikeja (Mother & Child Hospital) for
    another supply before returning to the office.
    “When I finished the supply, I rushed back to my
    office and within a few minutes, some policemen
    and women came into my office and asked me if
    I was Emeka, I said yes. They asked me what
    my duty was in the company and I told them
    that I am the Superintendent Pharmacist; they
    said yes, that I was the one they were looking
    for. They handcuffed and took me to Ilupeju
    Police Station where I was beaten up and
    accused of kidnapping my boss. They told me
    that while my boss was in captivity, he heard
    my voice calling the person in charge of
    warehouse to load goods worth N7million Naira.
    Within the space of 45 minutes, the staff in
    charge of Warehouse were brought inside the
    cell at Ilupeju Police Station, and later, they took
    us to Anti-kidnapping & Anti-Cultism Office at
    Surulere, Lagos.
    “On May 13, 2017, the policemen started their
    investigation. They took me and the staff in-
    charge of Warehouse in handcuffs to our houses
    for a search. At my house, they took my mobile
    phone sim cards, laptop and cheque books for
    further investigation. Three weeks after our
    detention, the policemen went to the warehouse
    with the person in charge of the warehouse in
    company of Chief Dunu’s elder brother, Mr.
    Anslem Dunu, the Chief Accountant, the Director
    of Business and Development and Assistant
    Warehouse keeper, and they found out that his
    claim of looting his warehouse was not true. His
    goods were intact. Some goods were even
    “After the stocktaking, Chief Dunu told the police
    that he had additional statement to make. It was
    at this time, that Chief Dunu claimed he saw me
    in the place where he was kept in captivity by
    the kidnappers. Whilst in detention, the
    warehouse keeper and I prayed and fasted daily
    for Almighty God to vindicate us from this false
    accusation and character assassination.
    “On May 19, 2017, the Policemen took us to
    Yaba Magistrate Court to obtain a detention
    order from the court pending for further
    investigation. The court asked them to return on
    June 6, 2017, to inform the court of the status of
    their investigation. On that date, the police
    asked for three additional weeks to detain us
    but our lawyers opposed the application and
    applied for our bail. The court adjourned to
    June 16, 2017 for ruling on our bail application.
    “To the glory of God, on June 10, 2017, the
    police apprehended Evans and his gang
    members and paraded them to the public on
    Sunday, June 11, 2017, at the Police Command,
    Ikeja. On Wednesday, June 14, 2017, the three of
    us detained at Anti-Kidnapping, Surulere, for
    conspiring with Evans and his gang to kidnap
    Chief Dunu, were taken to the Police Command,
    Ikeja (SARS office), before Evans and members of
    his gang for an identification parade. In our
    presence, the policemen asked Evans and his
    cohorts if they know any of us. They all said
    that they have never seen us before. In a bid to
    nail me in particular, they asked Evans to point
    at the pharmacist that gave him the information
    about Chief Donatus Dunu and he said, none of
    us gave him information, that he had not seen
    any of us before. The Police asked Evans’
    second in command in-charge of where they
    kept Chief Donatus Dunu to point at the
    pharmacist that do come there to make calls,
    and he said that he has not seen any of us
    before. The police officer told him that one of us
    said that we know him and he said, if any of
    knows him, he should talk and tell him where
    the person knew him from and where.
    “After this face-to-face identification, we were
    asked to go and were taken back to detention at
    Surulere. On June 16, 2017, we went back to
    court and our lawyers informed the court about
    what happened after the hearing of June 6,
    2017, but the lawyer who represented the police
    prosecutor could not confirm if, indeed, we were
    paraded before Evans and his gang members.
    The court then adjourned the matter to June 20,
    2017. On that date, the court, after listening to
    the Police lawyer and our lawyers, granted us
    police bail, pending conclusion of police
    ’This was after 40 days of detention.
    “I must state that I am still in shock as to how
    Chief Dunu decided to level such weighty
    allegations against me. Since I joined his
    company until the date of his kidnap, I have
    never had any issues with him. I have never had
    any case against anybody even throughout my
    University days, let alone kidnapping my boss,”
    he concluded.
    The police are still continuing their
    investigations in this unfolding Evans saga.

    No comments: